Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. Maybe because it’s one of the few holidays that isn’t focused around family or something. Basically, I’ve always loved spooky things and Halloween is the perfect time to indulge. This Halloween yoga flow with playlist is one that I’ve been tweaking for a few years now, and I’m sure I’ll continue to modify it over time.
The basics of it are pretty simple. The cueing is really where the Halloween inspo comes in. For example, in talking through how to move from makrasana (crocodile pose), I use imagery and words like a crawling zombie. In fish pose and savasana, I use light as a feather, stiff as a board. Bring your own flavor and thoughts, and share your cueing comments below!
Halloween Yoga Flow Poses
I’ll include cues as I think of them!
- Makrasana (crawling zombie)
- Cat (black cat) / cow (bark at the moon)
- Pirate’s plank – tap toes side to side to “walk the plank”
- Down dog – option for scorpion dog (3 legged dog but reach back for the inside edge of the foot)
- Chair pose, reach out to the sides for flying bat, option to pop up onto toes
- Low lunge to high lunge with airplane arms for witch on broomstick
- Ext side angle
- Rev Warrior
- Half moon
- (other side)
- Low lunge twist
- Runners lunge/lizard
- Side plank
- (other side)
- Chair twist
- Big toe pose
- Chair twist (other side)
- Gorilla pose
- Childs pose
- Ustrasana (werewolf)
- Simhasana (boo!)
- Dandasana (Frankenstein lay back)
- Fish pose (light as a feather, stiff as a board)
- Happy baby (dead bug)
- Corpse pose
Like I said, it’s always a work in progress.
Halloween Yoga Class Playlist
This playlist changes a bit over time as well. But not as much as the sequence, as I generally follow a similar flow for my classes. Are you pumped for Halloween?? Talk to me about it in the comments.
(On the flip side, fall can bring big time imbalance, too. I’m listening even if you’re feeling more on this end of the spectrum, too).